Sunday, January 3, 2010

Oh the Wonder!

Hello Readers!

As I reflect on 2009 I realize that I have lived in three different states this year. From Texas to Pennsylvania to North Carolina. And my first two month of 2010 will be spent in Thailand.. Oh the wonder! Back to 09 - I am so thankful and grateful for a GRAND year. 09, for me, was...finishing off a fun year of school and relishing the last 6 months of time spent with my family in Texas (and missing them very much). Then for 3 months, coming back to the beautiful landscape and familiar faces of PA; Staying busy and enjoying family. And the last 3 months of 09 in North Carolina, a time full of learning and a lot of newness. New people who I now call friends. A new place to live that I now find so meaningful. New experiences that will never be forgotten and that have shaped Lindsay Beiler for the better.

Here is an update of my holiday~
Christmas break was wonderful! My friends picked me up and on our travels back up to Pennsylvania we got caught in a snowstorm and had to spend the night in a hotel! We woke up to snow covering the car! When we finally got IN the car we were on our way and made it home safe and sound :). My time home was relaxing and nice. I enjoy the smells of home and the presence of family.. but I must say, I hate the goodbyes.

Just a week from today I said a sad goodbye to Lance and Megan as they departed for PA after dropping me off in NC. This week was full of craziness as ministry time started. A different schedule than the last three months for sure. No more lecture, now it's putting everything we've learned into practice! We've done everything from raking leaves around our property to helping clean at home for women who've just gotten out of jail. And tomorrow, to my excitement, we will be spending the entire day at the crisis pregnancy center! I cannot wait.

There is one thing I don't mind saying goodbye to - the cold weather! But I have a feeling I'll be saying the same thing on my last days in Thailand's 100% humidity. My team and I leave on Thursday; but for now I sit here yet again in our big dorm room with four triple bunk beds...accept two of the triple bunk beds are empty. Half of my new friends have spentt the first day of the new year in travel to India. We've heard a report back from them saying they've arrived safely and have started their adventures off right away, leaving no time for jet lag to get in the way!

The slow packing process has begun and every time I look at my big hiking back pack I get overwhelmed with the feeling of adventure and fulfillment. 2 months in Thailand?! And later this year 6 months in Australia? And then 6 months of traveling all over?! Can it get any more exciting??

I'm ready.
For Adventure.
For Thailand.
For BED.

More coming soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Lindsay,

Nice blog update. I'm so happy you are experincing this wonderful adventure. I am very proud of you. Your heart for God and others is really what life is all about. Jesus said these are the commandments that are the most important and his life here on earth was ultimately to show us how to do this. You are wise beyond your years and that is also promised to us according to the Bible when He said he would give wisdom to those who ask.
I think of you everyday and will pray for you.
I love you soooooo..... much.
Dad

Unknown said...

Hey Linds, I miss you SOO much!! I wish you were at the "Beiler Christmas!" I got uggs for Christmas!! What did u get?? Thats AWESOME you get to go to Thailand AND Australia!! That would be cool if you can see kangaroos and koala bears in the wild! Well I hope I can see you next time you come in to visit! Sometime do you think we can go the the creamery again? That was really fun! Well cant wait to see you. Love ya
Sami