Tuesday, July 6, 2010

From my Journal dated July 1st, 2010 – Australia bound

It started to hit me yesterday as I was getting the last of my things out of the apartment… I was walking out the door when I listened and could hear Grandpa Beiler playing his guitar from his bedroom two floors up. I had stood there many times this spring, always caught off guard.. so happy to be hearing a little bit of him. I stood there and just cried.. realizing that this would be the last time for a long time. Realizing where I came from. Last night I watched home videos with mom and dad. It was so weird… seeing myself as a one year old. Needing my parents.. having no choice but to trust them. How did they let me go? Gradually, over the years.. how did they do it? And now I’m 21 and my own person. How wonderful to have parents who Love and let go.. I guess.. loving is letting go?

July 6th, 2010

So… I’m here. I’m in Australia. How do I find it? So great. It’s cold. I will admit.. I’m sad that I’m missing PA summer. But I’m here so I will be here all the way. Winter.. winter.. yes, Lindsay it is winter. See? Ok.. yea winter is great. The people? Such a joy to be around. Yesterday we counted and there are 26 nations represented here. I love it. I’m already working on my Australian accent! G’day Mate! How ya goin? Grab a cuppa for brekkie, no worries! J My first day of class is tomorrow. I can’t really contain my excitement. Ohh.. it’s just so good to be here. After a year of praying and hoping to come. I had my doubts about coming.. I think maybe that’s what time does sometimes. When something is so far away it doesn’t seem like its for real even if you talk about it and plan on it. But here I am and thanking God for his provision and timing. And now? I will climb into my top bunk and fall asleep to A Beautiful Exchange.

More to come soon..

4 comments:

The lady of the house... said...

it's 100 degrees out today and I'm not kidding.

I'm sitting here at my kitchen table crying. You write so beautifully....so vividly.

I love you and miss you and I just can't believe how far away you are....but when you're in someones heart the distance doesn't seem quite as bad.


"Remember...Jesus loves you!!"

Nate said...

Me and Ash are so excited for ya!!! Make sure to eat a ton of Nutella and to give a hug to a koala bear for us.

Anonymous said...

Hey Linds,
Have fun in Australia!!! Im gonna miss you SOOOOO much! How long do u stay in Australia? Luv you!
Sami

Anonymous said...

I miss you, love you and am so very proud of you!! You are on our hearts/minds daily.....
All my love, Anut Jan