Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Just Getting Started.

this is my first post! so exciting.

i thought it would be a good idea to start a blog. i already have a myspace, facebook and twitter-ha.. but this is a more linear way to share stories, pictures and my life with everyone! i love looking at other peoples blogs and knowing what is going on in their lives-i hope you enjoy mine!

right now im living in Cedar Hill, Texas. i love it. most of my time is spent hanging out with the boys i nanny for-caden and cai. i have so much fun with those two crazies! i take classes at El Centro Community College and really enjoy that. there's this really sweet coffee shop that i ride my bike to sometimes. its called the white rhino-its like something you'd see in a movie; it's very inviting and cozy. down town dallas is fun-i like the west village. there is a cute indie movie theatre there and expensive stores. and the trolley! free trolley rides to the art museum. i've been to the symphony with some friends that i've made here. i've been to a few humungo churches but the church that im a part of is a very small tight nit group of people-i love them! salvation army-im a regular there. i hang out with lance often. i so enjoy that. not sure what i would do with out him here!

after this semester i will return to Pennsylvania for the summer! and after that.. the adventure continues. where? good question. i will continue with school-my desire is to get out of the U.S. but i do want the option of coming back to my roots, so graduation from an American college will be necessary if i ever want to work as a nurse in the states. 

im excited about life.

*True Love: Phil Wickham


2 comments:

Vickie said...

Your first posting is great! Your umbrella/rain picture is extraordinary. Janelle Stoltzfus is a dear friend to me. That is how I found you. I look forward to stopping by again. If you are ever in Monroe, North Carolina I will take you to Alice Jules...my movie-esque coffee shop!

I'm excited about life too!

Enjoy...Vickie H.

The lady of the house... said...

oh, sweet girl! i love your new blog! i'm only now getting to it! i'd like to steal that picture of you and copy it....it's so sweet. i have a valentine's gift for you that never got sent! boo-hoo cause it's cute and my intention was to have it arrive in time! i got your message about Lindy. I will send an email about the details, etc. for your enjoyment. a chocolate donut with sprinkles awaits me as the boys take naps.
my belly is growing, baby is kicking A LOT. i love him/her already!
xoxo from strasburg avenue.
p.s. vickie and her husband are the directors for the ywam base where i did my dts, i love her forever and ever!