Wednesday, July 22, 2009

One thing I love about summer is squeezing as much time as possible out of life. Here I sit at 3:30 am.. for the second night in a row. My day was completely full (minus the rare three hour nap I had this afternoon ;) .. and tomorrow will be busy again- yet I just had to drink that cup of coffee from wawa at .. oh ya know - 11:30pm!!! chuckle chuckle.. have I mentioned how I love summer?

Do you have a best friend? Well, I have two. And they both have the same name.. Sarah. You could also call them red and brown according to their hair colors. I love our dynamic. First of all we've got Sarah Maher (aka brown): Loud, passionate, beautiful, all-or-nothing, hilarious, life of the party. Then we've got Sarah Kuert (aka red): Steady, smart, captivating, caring, fun-loving, dreamer. Then there's me.. you can come up with six words to describe me on your own time. Anyway.. The thing about Sarah, Sarah and me is that ever since junior year of high school we have all, or at least two of us been together. Together meaning living in the same state. When brown moved to TX, red and I had one more year of high school. Then I moved to TX with brown and red started college at Eastern. Then brown moved back to PA with red and I was still in TX. So.. we've all kind of had our little seasons alone and seasons with each other. And this summer we have all reunited in one state. IT IS AWESOME. But come this fall.. we shall all be apart. I will be in North Carolina, red will be in Mexico and brown will be in China. How exciting that we're all moving on at the same time each in a different country! Our next meeting will be so gloriously full of adventures to tell and stories to be remembered and new memories to be made.. I will miss them tremendously; but it is good.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

love. this.
linds, your relationship with these girls seems like mine with my friends mary and cathleen. i think we would all be besties. =)

Randi said...

wow what a great tribute to friendship! I'm glad to have shared a sliver of the story with you and brown and with just you. : )

The lady of the house... said...

kind.
authentic.
unique.
confident.
servant.
FUN.