Saturday, May 9, 2009

The vision is hope and hope is real; What I heard was "snake" and the snake was real.

So on Friday I took Caden and Cai to what we call "The Narnia Park." It's this great park that has a nice sized pond with a patch of woods to the left filled with walking trails. If you follow the path right you'll end up at this fun playground. We park at the pond then walk a quarter mile or so to the playground. We pretend that we're in Narnia.. it's so fun! It even has a lamp post. We visit Mr. Tumnus.. fight the White Whitch and they always take an awesome nap when we get home. Wellllllll.. this past time while in Narnia I encountered a snake. Say goodbye to Narnia boys!!





Ok.. so the truth is I didn't actually "encounter" the snake at all. We were on our way back to the car and a passerby warned us that he had seen a snake by the pond. Well.. ya know sometimes when you're talking to someone and they only hear certain parts of what your saying? Yes.. so the only part that I heard was "seen a snake." You mention my biggest fear.. or worse that it is in the general vicinity and I become a completely different person. Clouded by fear.. not thinking logically I took the boys around the entire development that surrounds the park to avoid the snake, all the while breathing heavily having visions of snakes creeping from the woods. All this anxiety over one tiny little reptile that is as scared of me as I am of it. Anyway so here we are walking on the sidewalk when I decide to take a shortcut and walk across some rocks that go over the pond close to where the car is parked. Surely the guy saw the snake in the actual woods, not by the pond where there is more noise and is closer to cars (If you remember back to the part where all I heard was "seen a snake" you'll realize that the guy had said "seen a snake by the pond," the same pond we were about to cross). We start the trek and there under one of the last rocks is THE SNAKE. So from my lack of listening and extra dose of fear I took us around the woods to "avoid" the snake while actually leading us straight to it. All I saw was the green, pointed, slimy tail and even to this moment.. cringe to the point of tears. It's sick I know.. I wish I could rid myself of this fear. The whole time Caden kept saying "Let's go defeat the snake!" Im just glad this silly fear hasn't rubbed off on him. So I saw the snake tail.. almost peed myself, ran for my life while holding Cai in my arms and pulling Caden by the hand.. I must have been really funny to watch. I wonder what's going to happen when Im in Australia.. home of some poisonous crazy snakes. Oh no! What about India.. with those cobras who dance in baskets?! Or Africa.. O my anaconda! Lord.. please help me. 

So I leave you with this. 

To Write Love on Her Arms (TWLOHA). take a look for yourself- ready.. go. by the way.. this link has nothing to do with snakes.

2 comments:

jallain said...

hah, oh linds. one day u'll pose for a picture with an anaconda around your neck. i believe in you.

Anonymous said...

Oh Linds--- you paint such colorful stories--- i'm just busting up at the thought of you and a snake! Where did that awful fear come from? I think most likely from Grandma Lantz--- she goes into a huge panic at the thought of those devils!! 'You think maybe your mom has some issues too?
I love you- have i told you lately?