Friday, April 24, 2009

I'm trying.

I'm finding every possible thing to do but study. Usually by now I start freaking out cause I only have one more night.. but I'm very calm, which is and improvement-but not a good reason not to study. So now since I literally can not waste any more time, I am off to hit the books. I came up with this clever little whatever it's called i forget:

S-stupid
T-task
U-u
D-definitely
Y-yell
(A)-about

I had to add an extra letter lol! Can anyone come up with a better one? Can anyone tell me what those things are called?

The new celly I got from my parents for my birthday! love it-thanks!!
Lance made my birthday the best ever!! Thanks bro-love you.

8 comments:

jallain said...

its called a mnemonic device.
heres one,

studying could have been

Something
That
U
Did
Yesterday

usually u only make those up for things that you can't remember. like the strings of a guitar

Every
Adult
Dog
Growls,
Bites,
eats

or

King -Kingdom
Philip -Phylum
Came -Class
Over -Order
From -Family
Germany -Genus
Stoned -Species

jallain said...

oh yeah, and happy belated birthday.

Lindsay said...

Thanks!! You're good at those.

Sarah said...

It's also known as an acronym, which I believe is the more popular term for them. =P

And I just noticed that our posts are relatively similiar... We're both oddly calm over our finals. Weird! =P

Sarah said...

also - i was just reading through an older post of yours, when you mentioned your love of vintage stores on queen street - i'm guessing you mean Zap & Co?!?! BEST. STORE. EVER.
gah. i love it there. i can't get enough of the place.

Unknown said...

Thank you for putting up the toe pics!! Love them!!

The lady of the house... said...

Sucks
To realize
U-
Didn't, now you have to say
YIKES!!

hee hee!!
Your Mom is the coolest and I have high hopes to be as sweet as she is!

no Baby yet!

jallain said...

actually an acronym is when you take the first letters of all the worse and pronounce them as if they were a word. like SCUBA.