Sunday, April 26, 2009

mae

This weekend was THE best. Thursday was my birthday-lance came over and watched the boys and then took us out to lunch!! He is also taking me shopping this week-such a good brother. Saturday I took my exam first thing in the morning and feel like I really knew the info and did well! I'm very excited about it. I'll find out my grade today!! After my exam, Chelle took me to get pedicures and out to eat!! Pink zebra striped toes-Oh yea baby. THEN- Ashley and I went to see Mae at the Door in Dallas. THEY WERE SO GOOD. Please, please, please if you ever get the chance-see mae live. They will blow your mind. They're doing a really cool thing this year and every month or so they come out with a new single and have it available on line to purchase. 100% of the proceeds are going to habitat for humanity. They've raised over 30,000 dollars already! Very cool mae, very cool. They had an acoustic set after the show and ah-it was amazing. 

Sunday I went to the Renaissance Fair with my small group. I know- super fun filled weekend!! I so wish I had dressed up-haha! The costumes were really cool-I love stuff like that. When I got home from the fair some of my friends came over and sang to me and we had berfday cake that chelle made-Yum! And THEN my mom walked in the door! And do you know what?? I totally suspected that she might come. I should trust my instincts more. If you want the full story just ask and I'll tell you how I knew-cause I so did. SCORE! But Lance didn't know and when he walked in the door to her here it was so cute!! He said "HOLY CRAP! Mom, you're in Texas!" love it. 

My toesies:

Pic's from the Ren. Fair:

The mask shop was so cool!



The Watt's family-so cute!
HA!
Blake and Lance hugging the dead guy.


Erika and I-she won haha..
The tree man! You knew there was a guy in there.. but it was freaky.



Pic's from the Mae concert:

Jacob-the drummer of Mae.
Robert-the pianist of Mae. He gave us free snax-really funny story-ask me about it.
Jacob the drummer of Mae.
Zach the guitarist of Mae.
Dave the singer and guitarist of Mae.
haha. i was excited.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So I wanted to see the toes! And I would also like to hear about how you just knew your momma would be there! I'm glad you had a great birthday weekend/week!

Anonymous said...

Hey Lindsay,
I would love to know how you figured it out!
Please do tell! "wink" I have NOOOOO idea!
Love Ya,
Dad

Anonymous said...

Oh Linds! What a "fun, fun" weekend!=)
I'm so glad your Mom could come visit
you and Lance....
Yesterday we cleaned Aunt J's house,
planted flowers, and had a yummy lunch
together. The kids played in the
sprinkler, (w/ an occasional naked hiney
sticking out, lol,) played trains in the
driveway, Bennett slept most of the time.
Well, off to start another day! It's
been beautiful the past few days... I LOVE
IT! high in the 80's. Uncle Marlin opened
the pool.... can't wait for the summer!
All my awesome neices hangin' by the pool,
lil' nephews running around splashing them...
good days ahead, huh?! =)
I love you Linds-winds. Have a great day,
Aunt Jan