Sunday, April 5, 2009

Slumdog.

"Greater things are yet to come, Greater things are still to be done in this city." -God of this City by Chris Tomlin

My new favorite song and current listen for the weekend. ^^
I saw slumdog millionaire. O my gosh.. better than I expected. PLEASE see it. It's rated R but there is no sexual content and very few curse words but you can't even understand them. It displays the slums of India in such a real way.. I've never been there but I feel like I have. India is so proud of Slumdog. You should have seen the cast during the Oscars! They didn't expect the movie to win anything so every time they won a nomination they would freak out and be so genuinely happy!  I'm so excited to be going there someday. There is such culture.. so much to learn. Such a different life that they live. I would feel so privileged to be there. So lucky.. to experience life outside of my little work and school bubble. 

What a fun weekend I had! Buddy and Chelle got to have a weekend away! They went to San Antonio from Friday afternoon till late tonight; which means that I hung out with Caden and Cai all weekend :). The weekend went fast.. Caden had a t-ball game, we made yummy snacks, jumped on the trampoline, I took them to the Candy Story and got them Sugared up, watched cartoons in the mornings, took looong naps in the afternoons, and went to church tonight. I'm telling you people.. these kids are so much fun. They bring such fun energy. I'm so sad for when I have to say goodbye to the Watts family :(.  Being here for the past two years has been so good for me. I've learned the bitter sweet truths about being in charge of little lives.. and how whenever it's my time to be a parent it will be a real job not just a responsibility. I'll admit it's nice to be able to give them back at the end of the day and drive off into the sunset with my music loud and my cup of coffee.. but what a blast it will be when I have my own kids; I'll be ready. 



Caden!
Cai!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lindsay,
You are a beautiful young lady. I love the way you live life to the fullest and give of your time and talent to serve others. I agree, God has greater things in store for you, maybe not in the worlds eye's but in light of eternity.
Your the WONDERFULLEST!!!!!!!!!!(a dad word)daughter a Father could ask for.

I Love You,
Pappy!

The lady of the house... said...

India awaits YOU! You will never be the same once you set foot on that beautiful land to redeem it for the GOD OF ALL CREATION!!
Listening to Kim Walker and thinking I better get to bed...."You are good beyond measure and my heart longs to give you pleasure." I think I'll send you a quick email first....
Love you to the FULL moon and back,
J.

Mrs Frost said...

Hey!
So that song is pretty much my fav right now too! Even tho this post is forever old.. I love it!
You will be a WONDERFUL mommmaaaa one day.
Who knows.. I could be havin kids in a couple years! ahh!